Come and join our Saturday crafting session. Bring your machine, your hand-sewing, your crochet or your knitting. Everything is provided for you for the whole day so you can relax and have someone else look after you all day while you just chat and create.
Date: Saturday 8th June, 2012
Time: 1:00pm to 11:00pm
Venue: Crowne Plaza Canberra, Binara Street, Canberra.
- Sandwich lunch, on arrival.
- Tea and coffee available all day and evening
- Afternoon tea (something sweet).
- Dinner at Tongue and Groove
- A goody bag with fabulous gifts from our sponsors!
- Entry into the huge prize giveaway, with loads of prizes from our sponsors!
- The opportunity to participate in workshops at the Crafting Session
- The option to join us for the Friday Crafty Shopping Trip, and the Sunday Fabric Stencil Printing Workshop (both at extra cost).
- The rare chance to meet your blogging friends from all over Australia in one place (the best part!).
Cost: $148 per person
You can reserve your place here.
I’m always asked what to expect from the Saturday Crafting Session…..
The Saturday Crafting Session starts at 1pm and finishes at 11:00pm.
Please head to the Glebe Room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 1pm as lunch will be served immediately. Your afternoon tea and dinner are included, so you don’t need to worry about food for the rest of the day.
What happens is that you bring along something to work on – can be your machine or something to sew/knit/crochet/stitch by hand and you work on that for as much as you want. One year Patch Andi made a whole quilt and quilted it in a day. I did 8 stitches. So that’s the spectrum.
We’ll be sitting at tables – nothing preassigned – just find somewhere to sit when you arrive. But everybody moves around to chat and meet everyone and to see what you’re making.
It’s very casual and informal, but oh so friendly and absolutely wonderful to meet people in person that you’ve only known online.
There will be lots of laughter, and even a few tears when people start talking about things that really affect them, and it’s wonderful to see friendships made right in front of you.
A few things do happen during the day to break it up – stopping for food, and for the Sample Swap, and for the prize giveaway, and we’ll be leaving the hotel for dinner. It’s nice to get a little fresh air.
You will have the opportunity to participate in workshops, including a Craft Schmaft Sock Owl workshop, book here
This year, we’re all hanging out quite late together! Dinner is included in the ticket price, and then we’ll return to the hotel for more crafting….until 11:00pm!
Don’t forget to sign up for the swaps – you will really get the most out of SIT by becoming involved like that.
Basically, I think you’ll have a wonderful day….and night!