Sew It Together is over for another year!
I know that it always goes quickly, but this year the weekend seemed to just pass in an instant.
We had 41 fabulous ladies attending in Canberra this year, and from what I could see, a good time was had by most!
Special thanks must go to all our sponsors who kindly send free stuff for our attendees. If you won something fabulous, or particularly love something in your goody bag, please blog about it and link back to some sponsors. They have been very kind to you and it would be nice to repay the favour.
A huge thank you to the lovely Julie and Rachel at Shop Handmade who made us feel so welcome and were so hospitable and warm on a cold Canberra weekend.
I appear to take all the credit for putting it together, but I absolutely could not have run the weekend without the following people, and so I send to them my sincerest thanks:
- Gillian – who ran the Name Tag Swap this year and did a sterling job!
- Cass – who ran the Sample Swap this year, with the extra little touches that makes her such a legend. She helped pack the goody bags, and she also took control of the prize draw on the day masterfully, with the help of….
- Renae – who did so many things for me over the weekend I lost count
- Kelli – who helped me with lots of local Canberra knowledge, delivered the mountain of Innergreen Toy Fill that arrived at the very last minute, returned the key for the hall on Tuesday, did a million other things for me, and greeted you all with a smile and a goody bag at the front door, with the help of…..
- Michelle – who got roped in at her very first Sew It Together with helping me out, along with another….
- Michelle – who happily took on anything I asked of her.
- Cath – who I used as a packhorse to bring a carload of gear down to Canberra for me, and who helped, along with her lovely Mum, pack the goody bags and price the fabric for my stall.
- Sara, Peta, Sarah and Fiona – who also helped pack the goody bags, the stencil printing bags and they helped me with the fabric for my stall (mostly by buying it). These girls, along with Cass and Cath, are an awesome sounding board for me all year long with regard to many of the decisions that I make for SIT. I value their input immensely.
- Susie – who probably did a thousand more things for me than I would ever realise. She takes care of so many things, usually without even bothering me, and she does it with a smile on her face and a warm heart. Susie works so hard behind the scenes at Sew It Together and I treasure her involvement!!
- Donna – what can I say. Donna works all year round on Sew It Together with me. She has to listen to endless discussions about the way forward and what to do next, and then as it starts getting figured out, for each year, she helps me with all the decisions that ultimately result in you all having such a great weekend. She works tirelessly all weekend backing me up; seeing problems, and then fixing them, before I even notice. She takes care of me…so that I can take care of you. She has been by my side from the very first day when I thought this whole thing might be a good idea. I have much to thank her for.
And heaven help me if I have forgotten someone. As you can see, it’s a huge long list; a list of fabulous women that help with no expectation of reward and I just hope that I have remembered you all. Thank you, thank you, thank you to these amazing women.
To all of you who came to Sew It Together Canberra 2012. Thank you. Thank you for trusting me with your precious crafty dollars. Thank you for travelling a long way and braving a very cold Canberra weekend. Thank you for welcoming the new ladies to our midst. Thank you for coming along with a smile on your face and a positive attitude. Thank you for the renewed friendships…why, oh why, can’t I see you all more than once a year?
Thank you, everybody.