I am delighted to announce that Innergreen is a new sponsor of SIT Sydney 2011!
Have you heard about Innergreen? This is amazing stuff! Literally!
Innergreen produces a range of Eco-Friendly products that are derived from 100% natural resources. In fact, the products that will be of most interest to you are made from 100% natural corn. Yes, corn!!
Products like bags, cushion inserts, toy filling and wadding….all made from corn!
Innergreen is the only product on the market that is made from 100% renewable resources.
There are loads of benefits to using Innergreen’s products if you care about the environment, and you care about your family….
- Innergreen fibres are slower to ignite than many natural and synthetic fibres, and it has also been found that the smoke is much less toxic than other synthetic polyesters.
- The production of Innergreen fibres produces substantially less CO2 emissions than that produced by petroleum based plastics.
- Innergreen fibres are more resilient than many oil-based polyesters….resulting in a more plump, buoyant and longer lasting fibre.
- Innergreen fibres are 100% compostable
- Innergreen fibres are non-allergenic, odour free and do not support bacterial or fungal growth
I must admit, I hadn’t really thought much about the products that I use in my cushions, toys and quilts. I had no idea that so much of the world’s oil resources were being used to produce materials in everyday products such as clothing, carpets and soft furnishings.
Innergreen offers an alternative that will not only reduce our dependance on oil, but also reduces waste.
If you’d like more information on Innergreen’s products, you can find it on their website here.
I guess you’d love to know what the clever crew at Innergreen have for us at Sew It Together?
5 x 500g bags of Innergreen Toy Fill
5 x 50cm Cushion Inserts
and (if it is available in time) 5 x large quilt sized squares of new Quilt Wadding
But wait! There’s more!
Everyone will receive an Innergreen Corn Bag, made from 100% corn, as your Sew It Together goody bag, and I’m hoping to fill these with lots of goodies for you!
A huge thank you to Tristan and the team at Innergreen for their support of Sew It Together, and their generous offer of so many prizes and bags for everyone.
I’m really looking forward to seeing the products; and you’ll all be able to see them and have a poke and a prod at the Saturday Crafting Session. I’m definitely excited about the opportunity to be more responsible in my choice of crafting materials.